فرص العمل في نيوزيلندا واستراليا اليوم 2018/ 28/12
نيوزيلندا- وكالة أنباء المغتربين/
Department of Conservation
Science and Environment
Project Description – Ranger, Biodiversity, (Temporary or Secondment), Operations Group, Motueka, Band C.pdf (PDF, 214KB)
Applicant Information Sheet – Ranger, Biodiversity, (Temporary or Secondment), Operations Group, Motueka, Band C.pdf (PDF, 177KB)
This is a fixed term position for two years.
Are you someone who is passionate about the conservation of New Zealand’s freshwater environment, skilled at field delivery and passionate about sharing your skills and knowledge with others? If yes, then this is the job for you.
Join our talented Biodiversity Teams carrying out critical natural heritage conservation work programmes across the country. The purpose of this exciting role is to assess the feasibility of Gambusia (mosquito fish) eradication in the Motueka District (and hence the South Island) and implement the subsequent project plan.
The role will include:
- Taking the operational lead role with pest fish monitoring and eradication operations in the District including contractor management.
- Writing technical and scientific documents such as a Feasibility Study, Project Plan and Animal Pest Operation Plans.
- Working with technical staff, the community, local councils and other external agencies to ensure the goals of the pest fish programme are met.
Your skills and experience in natural heritage work will be used to teach, coach, support and/or oversee Rangers, community groups and volunteers doing conservation work in the field.
We are looking for someone with:
- a natural heritage or conservation management qualification at tertiary level;
- a passion for our freshwater environment;
- experience in project management, pest control and/or eradication planning;
- proven experience in writing technical and scientific reports;
- a current First Aid Certificate and New Zealand driver’s licence.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the project description.
For any queries, please contact Kate Steffens, Senior Ranger Biodiversity, telephone 0274068114 or firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting vacancy 400/5430T.
DOC is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.
Apply To: ...المزيد